Kasinathaswami Temple, Ambasamudram – Festivals
Two Brahmotsavams, one in Aipasi (October-November) and the other in Panguni (March-April), Shivaratri in February-March and Tirukarthikai in November-December are the festivals celebrated in the temple. Aipasi Annabishekam is observed in the temple on the first day of this month against the Poornima day – full moon day traditionally followed in other Shiva temples.
Lord visits the river on Thaipoosam, Thai new moon day and Chithirai first day. The wedding festival takes place on Uthiram star day in Aipasi-October-November. Lord comes in procession draped in Red on the 7th day of Panguni festival. On the 8th day Lord comes in white. Then he grants darshan to Sage Agasthya in Green. This is a very famous festival in the temple.
The important festivals celebrated in this temple are listed below;
· Chithirai - Theerthavari Pooja
· Vaikasi – Visakam and Subramaniyar Abisheka Arathanai
· Aadi - Aadi Pooram
· Aavani - Vinayagar Chaturthi
· Puratasi - Navarathri Festival
· Aippasi - Annabishekam
· Karthigai - Somavara Pooja, Maha Deepam
· Margazhi - Thiruppalli Eluchi Pooja
· Thai - Thai Ammavasai Special Abishekams, Theerthavari, Bathra Deepam 10008 Deepam and Thai Poosam
· Maasi - Sivarathiri
· Panguni - Panguni Big Festival 10 days.