Baithul-Salam-Masjidh, Eruvadi, Thirunelveli
Baithul-Salam-Masjidh is located at Eruvadi Village in Thirunelveli District of Tamilnadu. The Nambiyar River flows through the town. The original ancient name of the Eruvadi was "Er Paadi". During the ploughing season in the paddy field, the people used to sing songs while ploughing that is why it was called as "Er Paadi". But when time passed it was became "Er Vaadi" as it is easy to pronounce. The history of Eruvadi can be traced back to 1000 to 800 years.
The original Eruvadi village was situated on the southern bank of Nambi River, adjoining the temple and the surrounding paddy fields. Eruvadi is roughly 38 km from Thirunelveli Town. The nearest railway station is at Valliyur which is at a distance of 5 km from Eruvadi. Eruvadi is connected by road to Chennai (670 km), capital of Tamilnadu (670 km), Madurai (205 km), and other major towns in South India. The nearest international airport is Thiruvananthapuram (125 km).