Ramakrishna Mutt, Natrampalli, Vellore
Ramakrishna Mutt is a Hindu religious institution located at Natrampalli Town in Vellore District of Tamilnadu. It is the second mutt started in India after Mylapore Chennai. It is one of the old centers of the Ramakrishna Order. The mutt was started in 1908. It runs a school as well as a hospital for poor people. The mutt has been sanctified by the stay of Swami Shivananda (once in 1924 and again in 1926), Swami Ramakrishnananda (in 1926) and Swami Abhedananda (in 1906), direct disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. Gandhiji had visited the mutt in 1933.
Vellore District – 635 852
Phone: +91 4179 242 227
The Mutt is located at about 500 meters from Natrampalli Bus Station, 8 Kms from Patchur Railway Station, 9 Kms from Jolarpettai Railway Junction, 10 Kms from Jolarpettai, 13 Kms from Thiruppattur, 22 Kms from Vaniyambadi, 34 Kms from Ambur, 39 Kms from Krishnagiri, 84 Kms from Vellore, 220 Kms from Chennai and 211 Kms from Chennai Airport.