St. James Church, Thangachimadam, Rameshwaram
St James Church is a Roman Catholic Church situated at Rameswaram, Tamilnadu and is also known as Santhiya Rayapper Kovil. Initially devotees offered their prayers to the lord under a small shed. In 1644 AD the locals constructed a church along with the backing of Portuguese. Renovation of this church was made by Fr. Segreton.
In 1993 the church was shattered and after seven years a new church was constructed on the same place. Local Hindus, Muslims and Christians are offering their prayers at this church. This church has Hindu Symbol (Tower), Christian Symbol and Islam symbol (Crescent) which means symbolically that all faiths are respected and all faiths are welcome to worship here.