St. Theresa Church, Thangachimadam, Rameshwaram
St. Theresa Church is situated at Thangachimadam, in Ramanathapuram District. St. James church, St Xavier’s Church, St. Infant Jesus Church, Kattu Velanganni Church and Santhiyagappar Church are the other prominent churches of this village. This is one of the parish churches in Thangachimadam. Also St. Teresa’s High School is situated in a close vicinity to this church.
The history of this church which had been constructed in 1930 is more than 100 years old. Nuns of Holy Cross Organization and Fr. Boddelle played prominent role in constructing this church. The organization is also doing social and welfare services here. They had also run Orphanage Centre, schools, medical dispensary, etc. for the betterment of the locals. In 2002 renovation of this church was carried out and the work was completed in 2004. S.Edward Frances, Bishop of Sivagangai, inaugurated the renovated church on 15.02.2004.
St Teresa Church in Thangachimadam near Rameswaram is located at 9°17'04.5"N 79°15'27.8"E or 9.284581, 79.257725.