Sunday, February 21, 2016

Vijayanatheswarar Temple, Vijayamangai, Thanjavur

Vijayanatheswarar Temple, Vijayamangai, Thanjavur
Vijayanatheswarar Temple is a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located at Vijayamangai Village in Papanasam Taluk in Thanjavur District of Tamil Nadu. Presiding Deity is called as Vijayanatheswarar and Mother is called as Mangalanayagi / Mangalambikai. It is one of the shrines of the 275 Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalams glorified in the early medieval Thevaram poems by Tamil Saivite Nayanars Thirugnana Sambanthar and Tirunavukkarasar. This Temple is the 101st Devaram Paadal Petra Shiva Sthalam and 47th Sthalam on the north side of river Cauvery in Chozha Nadu. Saint Arunagirinathar had sung the glory of Lord Muruga in the temple in his Thirupugazh hymns.

For brief details, please refer below link;
The Temple
For brief details, please refer below link;
Temple Opening Time
The temple remains open from 08.00 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and 05.00 p.m. to 07.00 p.m. 
Masi Maha Shivrathri is grandly celebrated in the temple in February-March.
Literary Mention
For brief details, please refer below link;
Those facing delays in marriage pray in the temple for early results. Devotees perform abishek, offer vastras to Lord and Mother and contribute for the renovation of the temple.
Vijayanatheswarar Temple
Vijayamangai, Papanasam Taluk,
Thanjavur District – 612 301
Phone: +91 435 294 1912
Mobile: +91 94435 86453 / 93443 30834
The Temple is located at about 3 Kms from Thiruvaikavur, 5 Kms from Thirupurambiyam, 5 Kms from Maruthuvakudi, 7 Kms from Swamimalai, 8 Kms from Kabisthalam, 12 Kms from Darasuram, 13 Kms from Papanasam, 15 Kms from Kumbakonam, 15 Kms from Kumbakonam Bus Stand, 16 Kms from Kumbakonam Railway Station, 36 Kms from Thanjavur and 88 Kms from Trichy Airport. Thiruvijayamangai is situated to the north west of Kumbakonam via Thirupurambiyam. The temple is situated between Thiruvaikavur and Thiruppurambiyam.