St. James Church, Manappad, Thoothukudi
St. James Church is a hundred year old Catholic Church at Manappad. This church is a marvellous sight to look at with elegant interiors and exteriors. Church Street is a major road passing near this church. St. James’ Church in Manappad is located at 8°22'31.6"N 78°03'16.6"E or 8.375445, 78.054618. The new facade and the towers were built in 1929. There was an old church of Mary in the same place. It was being run by the Goa Mission. The new church was built by the efforts of Mr. Matthew Miranda, who was a businessman in Srilanka (then called Ceylon).
St. James’ Church, Manappad,
Tuticorin District – 628 209