King’s Street, Tharangampadi, Nagapattinam
King’s Street is one of the major streets located in Tharangampadi Town that tell a story of the old days of Tranquebar. It is the western main street in the town. "King Street" or Kongensgade is Tranquebar’s main street, and some of the most important buildings of the Old Danish colony are still there. The main ones are the large Governor’s House, built in 1784 and now refurbished into an elegant hotel by the Neemrana Group, and the New Jerusalem Church, built in 1718 by Lutheran missionary Bartholomaus Ziegenbalg, who is buried there.
Take a leisure walk in this street to witness the colonial era buildings all through the way. King’s Street gives the feeling to the visitors that they are in 17th Century Danish Town. Tharangampadi is located at about 283 kms (176 miles) from the state capital Chennai and 30 kms from Mayiladuthurai, in Nagapattinam District. Nearest Railway Station is located at Mayiladuthurai & Nearest Airport is located at Trichy.