Mühldorff's House, Tharangampadi, Nagapattinam
Mühldorff's House is built in 1788 by Jürgen Mathias Mühldorff, engineering officer during the time of Governor Peter Anker. The house was first called Mrs. Stevenson's House because of the marriage between Mühldorff and grocer Stevenson's daughter. Now the house belongs to a private owner Mr. S.A. who is very proud of the house and takes well care of it. Tharangampadi is located at about 283 kms (176 miles) from the state capital Chennai and 30 kms from Mayiladuthurai, in Nagapattinam District. Nearest Railway Station is located at Mayiladuthurai & Nearest Airport is located at Trichy.