Governor’s Bungalow, Tharangampadi, Nagapattinam
The Governor’s Bungalow Constructed as the private residence of the Governor David Brown between 1776 and 1784, it was made the official Danish Residence for Governor later. This building belongs to Tamilnadu Tourist Department. It was built in 1784 and changed in 1788. Until 1845 it was the Governor's home. Afterwards it was used as a salt office. Now it is a ruin - but still beautiful.
The dilapidated Governor’s Bungalow briefly functioned as a session’s court during British rule. Tharangampadi is located at about 283 kms (176 miles) from the state capital Chennai and 30 kms from Mayiladuthurai, in Nagapattinam District. Nearest Railway Station is located at Mayiladuthurai & Nearest Airport is located at Trichy.